HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
emily.raffi

Is there a difference between a YZ450F and a YZF450?

10 posts in this topic

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two   ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

I know the YFZ is a quad.. :banana:

Same thing. Yamaha has always labeled them YZ250F, YZ400F, YZ450F but people often refer to them as YZF's. 

1 person likes this

It's all about your opinion. Like if you want to call it a YZ-F or a YZF there is no difference, just opinions. Or what you would like to call it

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two   ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference...

I know the YFZ is a quad..

YFZ450 is a quad.  YZ450F is a bike.  YZF450 does not exist.  No opinion, it just doesn't exist.

Some do refer to the line of four-stroke MX bikes and/or engines generally as "YZF", however.

1 person likes this

The YZF and YFZ discussion gets even screwier when someone throws in "Y-Zed" and they mean their two stroke.

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two   ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

YZxxxF dirt bike

YFZxxx quad

YZF ... Road bike range eg; YZF R1 etc

1 person likes this

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

mines a 13 it says yz450f

I just bought myself a yz450f and after doing some reading on the internet, I noticed some people refer to it as YZF450, and others YZ450f. Is there a legitamate difference between the two ie. racebike or not? or do some people not realize there IS a difference... :usa: :usa:

my o

03 don't say shit it's the first of the Yamaha 450s.

any yz is fast welcome to the blue crew.