HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cooneyjj

Yz450f header pipe on 2010 wr450f

8 posts in this topic

My 2010 wr450f has a gytr muffler with the stock header pipe which requires a slip on insert to fit the two together, I want to eliminate the slip on insert. I've heard the yz's hear pipes are bigger therefore it's a flush fit between muffler and header. Can any one confirm this for me ? Cheers !

The 08 and 09 Yz450 have the largest head pipe. They fit in a FMF rear tail section without a spacer not sure about the GYTR unless it's the same as a FMF.

Cooney...dont make the assumption that the YZ450F headpipe will make it run better.  I owned an '08 YZ450F and the low end is lacking a bit (compared to the WR) partially due to the size of the head pipe.  So, while it may look cleaner to no have the FMF insert/spacer it may make take away some low end grunt on your WR.

So....i wouldnt spend alot for a YZ head pipe for your experiment.

Cheers slivfx ! I wasn't to concerned power wise as I've had the wr rejetted but yer I'll still take that in to consideration ! I am trying to find a Second hand header pipe but there none around cheap enough !

Um not sure about losing low end with that header pipe. I run them on all of the WR's. But they are pricey.

Yer my wr cracks pretty hard since the rejetting ! But yes that's the main reason I haven't gone and got one because there bloody expensive ! My old mans 2012 wr450f header fits perfect with the gytr slip on muffler but there $340aud !