HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jentzschman

2007 WR450 red exhaust after brief run up/down street

4 posts in this topic

Yes, I have seen the FAQ about this, however I still wanted to throw the question out there in relation to my jetting specs:

1) I live at~4500 feet ASL

2) I have JD jet kit installed with: red needle #4 clip position, stock 45 pilot, and 165 main.

3) All other jets are stock but I did add the thinner o-ring on the AP screw per JD instructions. 

4) Grey wire mod

5) TPS unplugged

I noticed it and pretty much freaked out as this is my first thumper and right away googled it and was brought to the FAQ section on this site. I also hear it is pretty common if these WR's stay put to long and getting them moving even a little will help.

I have also found info that the pilot could be lean and or I need to adjust the fuel screw out a little. 

Thank you for any help. 

Your jetting specs are fine

The determining factors are:

- stock header? Then it's Ti, and glows quickly

- popping upon deceleration? Turn out your fuel screw....

- still popping? you have an air leak, or a partially blocked pilot jet or pilot passage way, or a leaking hot start nut or plunger

-  Idleing still for more than 2 min? Then this will happen

I switched out the stock 45 pilot for a 48. However, I discovered that the threads on the hot start nut were a bit worn out so now I have to wait until tomorrow to get a new nut and put her all back together for a test ride.