Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
savagex

Used 2014 YZ 450 - (New $7400 vs Slightly Used $6000)

11 posts in this topic

I found a 2014 YZ 450 for sale, it has a reported 4 hours on it. $6000 firm

THe last 3 bikes I have owned have all been new. This is very tempting, however I am timid because the guy only changed the oil once recently, not after break in and the bike was slightly on the dirty side, which concerns me about any other maintanence. Judgeing by the wear on the frame/ side covers I do think the hours are definitly under 10.

Question is what damage, if any, could have been done with single digit hours?

Would you guys buy it ?

Dealer $7400 vs Slightly used $6000

I would borrow at GYTR tuner and verify the hours on the used bike.  If it only has 4 hours, I would buy that one.  If it has way more, I would wait until the 2015's hit the showroom floors and hope to get a left-over 2014 for around $6,500.

Chaparral has new '14's $5990...

Whats the OTD Price?

1 person likes this

Whats the OTD Price?

I called them the other day and they quoted me  $8100 OTD.  I told the salesman he was drunk and hung up

Edited by JS264

The dealers advertise a price thats way lower than what you will pay out the door. Its BS. The extra fees are outrageous.

I offered a dealer 8K a few months ago but they wouldnt take it. Glad I waited.

Chaparral has new '14's $5990...

The worst is them trying to justify all the junk fees. Every SoCal dealer uses that tactic, at least on cycletrader.

1 person likes this

The worst is them trying to justify all the junk fees. Every SoCal dealer uses that tactic, at least on cycletrader.

So does every Jersey dealer there scumbags.

Cas747, if u live in nj u should be buying your bikes in ny de pa. No tax i get a bike every yr. Ny is notoriously cheap, the city areas unload mx bikes just to move them. Comparing to prices i see on hear the prices i pay for my bikes are dramatically diffrent. I paid $8900 otd for my dungey replica.

Cas747, if u live in nj u should be buying your bikes in ny de pa. No tax i get a bike every yr. Ny is notoriously cheap, the city areas unload mx bikes just to move them. Comparing to prices i see on hear the prices i pay for my bikes are dramatically diffrent. I paid $8900 otd for my dungey replica.

That is cheaper but the last three bikes you tell me what you think.

13 rmz450 2 hrs 6000 otd. in Feb.

13 kx450f 2 months ago the previous owner ran it in his back yard for 10 minutes 5000 the previous owner killed himself took a bottle of pills.

13 yzf 450 traded my 13 ktm 250sx mono e mono. I use that bike alot.

I sold a guy my Harley to sweeten the deal he gave me a wr400 2000.

I traded the wr for a 2003 yz 450 f pin condition.

what do you think not bad it seems like know I paid to much for the rmz but I bought that bike in Feb and the guy put the meter on it to show me it had less than 2 hrs on it.

1404498407893.jpg

1404498445561.jpg

1404498475881.jpg

1404498514256.jpg

1404498538812.jpg

could you pm me the dealer and number to the dealer. you know dealers name and thanks for the info.