HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jentzschman

TPS reset

4 posts in this topic

Yep, like a dork I removed the star screw holding the TPS to the carb and as soon as it came loose I let a few expletives fly. 

I have looked over the manual but have not seem anything as to how to reset it back to stock. 

Any thoughts on what I can do?

Thanks. 

Your owners manual won't cover it

The service manual will

There are also youtube videos

I have been trying to find youtube videos about it but unless I am using wrong key words I have not been able to find any.

I do have a digital copy of the owners service manual. 

I should add I heard what appeared to be a spring so I am guessing the valve on the carb got unwound. This is why I am concerned as I do not know to to reset it bcd to stock. 

Edited by jentzschman

Yep, like a dork I removed the star screw holding the TPS to the carb and as soon as it came loose I let a few expletives fly. 

I have looked over the manual but have not seem anything as to how to reset it back to stock. 

Any thoughts on what I can do?

Thanks.

What year is your bike?

My 2009 WR450F has the "stumble" or "sutter" around 5000 RPM and I was hell bent to fix it. Getting to the TPS while the carb is on the bike is a bitch. I finally gave up and removed the carb, which requires unbolting the shock and subframe.

Ultimately, I installed the DynaFS ignition which allows you to calibrate the TPS and set it with actually adjusting the sensor. You will find a lot of info if you search DynaFS.

Good Luck