2003 WR450F oil tank(frame) bypass

Well I have a WR that has been bypassed and it's all seemed to be held directly in the motor

If that's true, you need to change your oil and filter very often, like every 5-15 hours depending on dust, and watch for getting the oil too hot, which destroys it's abillity to lubricate...unless it's a high-ester synthetic oil.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee

If that's true, you need to change your oil and filter very often, like every 5-15 hours depending on dust, and watch for getting the oil too hot, which destroys it's abillity to lubricate...unless it's a high-ester synthetic oil.

Thank you

This doesn't sound right to me. If you don't have an oil tank, your engine won't have any oil other than the very small amount in the DRY sump.  I can't imagine your engine would last long running like that.

Perhaps it has a 2007+ engine in it? In the alloy frame bikes the oil tank is incorporated into the cases, rather than in the frame like the steel frame bikes.

This doesn't sound right to me. If you don't have an oil tank, your engine won't have any oil other than the very small amount in the DRY sump. I can't imagine your engine would last long running like that.

Perhaps it has a 2007+ engine in it? In the alloy frame bikes the oil tank is incorporated into the cases, rather than in the frame like the steel frame bikes.

Why are you asking us if it can be bypassed if you already have one that has been done?

The bypass was done before we bought the WR so we are trying to figure out why this bypass was installed and if we should worry about it and we have figured out we should be concerned because the only oil is the little amount in the dry sump. Also no it is not a 07+ engine

The bypass was done before we bought the WR so we are trying to figure out why this bypass was installed and if we should worry about it and we have figured out we should be concerned because the only oil is the little amount in the dry sump. Also no it is not a 07+ engine

Technically it is possible, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea...

This is why everyone seems a bit confused...  there is nothing to be gained by doing this, and a lot to be lost in terms

of reliability and oil life.

Only possible reason I can see someone hacking up the bike like this is maybe they had a leak in the frame. 

It would be best for the bike to return it to the original configuration.

Technically it is possible, but that doesn't mean it is a good idea...

This is why everyone seems a bit confused... there is nothing to be gained by doing this, and a lot to be lost in terms

of reliability and oil life.

Only possible reason I can see someone hacking up the bike like this is maybe they had a leak in the frame.

It would be best for the bike to return it to the original configuration.

We are going to do a complete rebuild to solve the multiple problems with the bike