Price check '15 YZ450F

I've always been a Honda guy, but I've had my eye on a Yamaha. I saw one today at a dealer that was used. I guess the guy purchased it, got scared, brought it back and traded it in on a quad.

The dealer wanted $7900 plus tax. None of the prep/freight as it's already been sold. I'm thinking that's too high. The bike is now used, even if it only has a couple hours and you can't tell it's ever been ridden. What do you think is a good discount off MSRP....10/15% more?

For a 15 thats a great price,

For a 15 thats a great price,

Even though it's lightly used?

It's funny. Whoever owned it for those couple days put some sort of tire slick on it. Not like the tire wet we use on car tires, this was more gel like. So it's apparent that whoever purchased it had no business buying a bike let alone a 450.

U can hook a gytr tuner to it to see the hours .... I got my 14 for 7500 out the door a few months ago. I rode with a buddy of mine to pick up a used 14 with 14 hours on it for 5600 that was a deal

5600 is a smoking deal.

Used pre-sold. I bet you could get it for 7500 out the door.

The tire might be an indication that someone bought it to dyno; could have been a pipe manufacturer, engine builder or mag/web test bike. Connect a tuner and check the hours. Does it look like it was ridden?

Used pre-sold. I bet you could get it for 7500 out the door.

The tire might be an indication that someone bought it to dyno; could have been a pipe manufacturer, engine builder or mag/web test bike. Connect a tuner and check the hours. Does it look like it was ridden?

It was some guy that purchased on Friday, rode it on the street by the tire wear, greased the tires and brought it back Monday. It's now in my garage. Can't tell anyone's even sat on it. Plugged in the tuner it was either 36 or 46 minutes. Edited by forgotmyusername

U can reset the hours with a tuner witch is stupid imo on yamahas part so plugging in a tuner if ur not the original owner means nothing

U can reset the hours with a tuner witch is stupid imo on yamahas part so plugging in a tuner if ur not the original owner means nothing

I get what you're saying but anyone stupid enough to put tire wet on motorcycle tires isn't intelligent enough to go buy a tuner and reset the time just to turn the bike back in. This tells me all I need to know:

8168e4db65d59d75f28d9da09a74dd7e_zps6c13

I get what you're saying but anyone stupid enough to put tire wet on motorcycle tires isn't intelligent enough to go buy a tuner and reset the time just to turn the bike back in. This tells me all I need to know:

8168e4db65d59d75f28d9da09a74dd7e_zps6c13

O yea im with u on that i was just saying

I've always been a Honda guy, but I've had my eye on a Yamaha. I saw one today at a dealer that was used. I guess the guy purchased it, got scared, brought it back and traded it in on a quad.

The dealer wanted $7900 plus tax. None of the prep/freight as it's already been sold. I'm thinking that's too high. The bike is now used, even if it only has a couple hours and you can't tell it's ever been ridden. What do you think is a good discount off MSRP....10/15% more?

I got mine for 7100 plus tax out the door but it's a 14

it sounds like you did ok and that bike is not even broke in yet.

I have 3-4 hours on mine and its still tight as a virgin you did fine.

I bought my 13 rmz like you the guy bought it shit his pants and j got a new bike for 6100.