13 yx

noise

Hi guys I have a 13 yzf450 i just bought it well traded before trading it made no noise but all I did was ride up and down the road and on some hard pack dirt for 15 min or so. the guy ha 3 identical yzfs I picked this one so we traded my ktm 250 250sx spotless.

The problem I'm having is yesterday I ran it half hour I changed the bad gas in it for av gas.

The bike is making a noise like rocks inside only when in gear.

The bike has rocket ship power. at stand still fine

so it makes sound like rocks in the engine when rolling in gear runs perfect shifts perfect is my crank taking a shit.

any idea what I could be.

noise

Hi guys I have a 13 yzf450 i just bought it well traded before trading it made no noise but all I did was ride up and down the road and on some hard pack dirt for 15 min or so. the guy ha 3 identical yzfs I picked this one so we traded my ktm 250 250sx spotless.

The problem I'm having is yesterday I ran it half hour I changed the bad gas in it for av gas.

The bike is making a noise like rocks inside only when in gear.

The bike has rocket ship power. at stand still fine

so it makes sound like rocks in the engine when rolling in gear runs perfect shifts perfect is my crank taking a shit.

any idea what I could be.

I was wondering if it could be the chain. it is a bit loose. if it was crank she would have let loose when I was riding it but it runs great.

loose chain will slap the guide when under load,like in a gear too high trying to use the torque to power through.Adjust the chain and see if it gets better.

loose chain will slap the guide when under load,like in a gear too high trying to use the torque to power through.Adjust the chain and see if it gets better.

It was the chain thank god that's all it was.

I hate that sound too but you have to leave enough slack in the chain to allow the swingarm to travel without binding or your gona damage the bearing on the output shaft,crack your case or destroy a hub.

It was the chain thank god that's all it was.

I hate that sound too but you have to leave enough slack in the chain to allow the swingarm to travel without binding or your gona damage the bearing on the output shaft,crack your case or destroy a hub.

I have two fingers

at the swingers by the buffer is that okay?

I go with 2" at the rear bolt of the chain slider with the bike on the stand.

I go with 2" at the rear bolt of the chain slider with the bike on the stand.

Yes that's where I went on the top slider guard is that correct. Thanks

yep

Thanks etuke