HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Blue 622

Just got the 2015

11 posts in this topic

Hello every one  I cant wait to ride Big Blue been on a 2012 Rmz 250 for 3 yrs .

Sunday is feeling like a year away.

I have no idea what to except never rode one before with the reverse engine last YZ was an 08 450  that was a great bike.

Any pointers on suspension and mapping is appreciated.Thank you.Big Blue.jpg

3 people like this

Hello every one  I cant wait to ride Big Blue been on a 2012 Rmz 250 for 3 yrs .

Sunday is feeling like a year away.

I have no idea what to except never rode one before with the reverse engine last YZ was an 08 450  that was a great bike.

Any pointers on suspension and mapping is appreciated.Thank you.attachicon.gifBig Blue.jpg

My advice; get some hours on that thing before passing judgement. Like a good wine they get better with age ;-)

Just ride her and enjoy mate, I got my 14 a few month ago and have put about 8hrs on it up to now and it's just starting to feel right. Suspension takes a while to bed in so don't be disheartened after the first few rides.

Just ride her and enjoy mate, I got my 14 a few month ago and have put about 8hrs on it up to now and it's just starting to feel right. Suspension takes a while to bed in so don't be disheartened after the first few rides.

Hi ya doing I'm new to the yzfs I have an 01 450 and just picked up a used 13 yzf450 is the oil filler on the left side where the black cap is? Seems strange as the stated is in there. I have 2 other 13s 450s kawi and zuk

you fill them on the clutch side.

I forgot to ask will royal purple be ok and what weight thanks?

I forgot to ask will royal purple be ok and what weight thanks?

Not sure I follow your questions, but a new thread may be your best bet in getting an answer to them.

Back to the '15... Like others have said, go ride it and put a few hours on it before getting too crazy with trying to get it perfect. I struggled quite a bit with my '14, trying to get the forks to work like my well-worn '11 did. I was all over the place with settings and finally, after about 7 or 8 hours, it started to settle in nicely. There are a couple good threads about suspension settings for the '14. I don't have the direct links handy , but should be easy enough to find. Have fun. It is a great bike.

1 person likes this

Thanx for the input Ill chime in Sunday night I will be taking it to Raceway Park Nj  Sun to Pop her cherry can I say that? No disrespect to anyone.

1 person likes this

bike looks sick.. wish they sold black wheels on the 14.. definitely like the 15 plastics, might have to order some.. Can you take some close up shots of the motor mounts? i am curious how much they changed.