HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kiwi Graham

08 WR 450 Hour Meter (How?)

7 posts in this topic

so what to wrap the wire around?

All I can think of is to pull the cap and somehow wrap it in therebut it looks to tight a fit, How did you do yours?

Cheers

You wrap as much as you can (6+ turns) around the high tension lead, as close to the cap as possible, and zip tie it in place. 

You can technically wrap it anywhere around that lead, of off the coil, but it has a tendency to get snagged when you remove the tank....

You wrap as much as you can (6+ turns) around the high tension lead, as close to the cap as possible, and zip tie it in place. 

You can technically wrap it anywhere around that lead, of off the coil, but it has a tendency to get snagged when you remove the tank....

But I dont have a high tension lead.

At least the 08 doesn't, the coil is in the plug cap so to speak hence my question do you somehow fit it inside the cap?

But I dont have a high tension lead.

At least the 08 doesn't, the coil is in the plug cap so to speak hence my question do you somehow fit it inside the cap?

You wrap it around the lead just below the cap

Your bike has a COP (Coil Over Plug). Wrap as many turns as you can above the grommet that fits into the valve cover and below the point when the wire harness plugs in.

Your bike has a COP (Coil Over Plug). Wrap as many turns as you can above the grommet that fits into the valve cover and below the point when the wire harness plugs in.

Great thanks, just couldnt see how I was going to get the wire inside the COP.