2014 450 hp

I just finished dynoing a yz 450 with a head that I ported  stock cams a piston I ported And set compression @ 13.7-1  we used renegade SX4+ fuel and an fmf pipe  and also stayed with the stock remaped ecu instead of the vortex  the bike makes 3 pounds more torque than stock and nearly 7 more hp  theres more power evey where and it makes 1 hp more than a factory kx 450 that had all of the parts from an RV bike including the factory racing ecu Yamaha built a real race bike this year.

• Like 1

The gaskets are the same on both models, bore and stroke are the same, but the cylinder is different.  Ron would know better.  It seems to me that the '10-'13 models use the same basic head, and that you should be able to get that kind of performance with the one they came with, unless there's a big difference in the ports that I don't see.

• Like 1

the head that came on the 2013 can be ported the bigger valves from the 2014 can be fitted as well as the cams I believe the 2014 cams are shorter duration the intake only has 242 *duration if I remember correctly the 2010 was over 250* and I was using a shorter duration cam in them.