2012 WR450F for sale, list as new, should I jump on it?

A 2005 crf 450 may have bad valves. A lot of people sell them when they are on there last adjustment. It's an expensive fix and they still go bad again.

Duplicate sorry

Edited by cubera

A 2005 crf 450 may have bad valves. A lot of people sell them when they are on there last adjustment. It's an expensive fix and they still go bad again.

CRF heads are virtually bullet proof once the Ti coated OEM intakes are replaced with stainless steel valves. That fix is not complicated and not really very expensive for a head that will outlive everything around it.

As far as the 2012 WR or 2005 450X goes I would opt for the 2012 WR hands down. I put over 1000 hours on my '05 450 X and although it was a great machine it is outdated compared to the new WR. CRF reliability is excellent if not legendary IME.

Yeah, in general I like the CRF from that very standpoint, reliability, but I do have my XR650L which is even more reliable, so I am a little less concerned about having my bike be out of commission for a week or two while I work on it. I agree with you cubera, I would probably get WR, well if it wasn't overpriced for a 3 year old bike (new or not). I pick up the KTM on thursday :) That was just an incedible price I got, $7200 out the door on a $9500 bike, and 2 years old. Looking at kbb alone puts the wr at $5000 after one day of riding while the ktm is $6730 after day one. So the instant depreciation is WAY less on the ktm. I was pretty disappointed that the yamaha dealer couldn't give me a better price though. 

Keep hunting there is some great deals to be had out there plus there is a lot of 12-13 left overs out there. I just picked up a 14 for my dad for $7100 shipped which I know is a great deal as I'm real shopper for the best deals out there.