HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John_Bey

426 pipe/flywheel/gearing question

3 posts in this topic

First, i ride mostly in woods. I was thinking of getting the 10 or 12 oz. stealthly flywheel replacement and also thinkin of the thunder alley (slip-on) for $250. Also, the gearing, i left the back sprocket the same and went one lower on the front (i think 13). It takes too much top end away. I guess leave the stock front and go to a 50 or 51 in back,huh? Also, would i just be better sticking with the stock pipe in the woods, thunder alley too much hit. Also wonder about heavier flywheel/Thunder alley combo? Anybody tried it yet? I'm 6'7", 235 lbs. Just sold my KX-500, don't miss it a bit. Thought I would never let it go. Any help appreciated.

I have the 12 oz. stealthly flywheel and like it alot for woods riding and when I motocross I can change back to stock if I like which I have not yet because I like the 12oz for everything....

i ride woods also..i run the 14/50 combo on my bike, with a 12 ounce flywheel...running stock muffler with a white bros titanium headpipe...the setup is nice..plenty of power on tap, but dont yank the bars from ya like a 2 smoker