HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mach1jonny

2011 YZ450f Radiator lowering kit - Works connection braces

4 posts in this topic

Hello all - just wanted to pass on some incite that I attained while installing the Dr. D. radiator lowering kit along with Works Connection radiator braces. First it is possible - install the kit as normal. Before adding the radiator shroud put the radiator brace on. You will need to bolt the lower link of the lowering kit through the brace.

Remove the 2 allen screws of the radiator brace. Move the part of the brace that mounts to the engine up, so that the upper hole of the brace aligns with the lower hole of the mount. Leave this allen screw loose to have some play.

Tighten the brace mounting bolt to the engine.

Tighten the bolts of the lowering kit.

Replace radiator shrouds  and finally tighen the allen screw (brace to mounting bracket).

Now that I have mine set up

I am going to mark the correct position of the brace to the mounting bracket.  Disassemble and take to a welding shop to have the parts TIG welded.

Then reinstall.2011YZ450f.jpg

Well I kinda did same thing.  I removed the two bolts that connect the brace to the bracket that bolts to the head stay.  Put one bolt in the upper hole of the brace and lower hole of the bracket.  Then just marked the brace where the upper hole of the bracket would be.  I used a punch then drilled a new hole in the brace and bolted it up.  

Edited by NE14MX