HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holden450

speedometer wr450

9 posts in this topic

i street legalized my wr450 and it is not required to have a speedometer but it would be convenient so i dont get pulled over for not knowing how fast im going. i need something cheap. i prefer it to be digital so it has all the gauges and such. it also needs to be convenient to put on the bike without major modifications. thanks!

Bicycle speedometer is the cheapest option.  Don't get wireless.  The ignition may interfere with the signal.  Trail tech is the next cheapest option.

2 people like this

How about this meter. Stock on most WR 450 2006-2009. May fit other models as well. $ 50.00 shipped inside US.

image.jpg

1 person likes this

If you are referring to the 04 you have, it's got a cable driven mechanical odometer.  JC Whitney sells a universal speedometer for Japanese bikes.  It will connect to the cable on your bike and read with reasonable accuracy.  Cost about $40.  I've used 2 of them, one on a WR and they work fine.  You can find the same thing on ebay for under $20.  

Download an app on your smartphone and simply by a holder for it, cheapest and easiest way I know of.

Mike

1 person likes this