Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Goforaride

2014 air box cap air cowl assembly

31 posts in this topic

While on this subject does anyone think that the intake holes should of had some sort of mesh over them to stop large bits of debris entering them?

While on this subject does anyone think that the intake holes should of had some sort of mesh over them to stop large bits of debris entering them?

YES!!! Which is exactly why I want the extra intakes. I found that when in sand, the front tire kicks sand up right into the intake holes. I have a couple different ideas to pre filter the intake air but both require modifying the intake
1 person likes this

YES!!! Which is exactly why I want the extra intakes. I found that when in sand, the front tire kicks sand up right into the intake holes. I have a couple different ideas to pre filter the intake air but both require modifying the intake

Do keep us posted then mate, I have an idea myself but scared to hack into it haha!

Do keep us posted then mate, I have an idea myself but scared to hack into it haha!

well first thing is finding a source for getting the plastics. Seems over there, you can get them. You should go for it!

I've only had the bike for two months so like I said I'm not too keen on the idea yet :(

I've only had the bike for two months so like I said I'm not too keen on the idea yet :(

you got me beat. I have had mine since Monday. Personally I'd rather destroy $100 or less worth of plastic instead of filling my motor with sand

you got me beat. I have had mine since Monday. Personally I'd rather destroy $100 or less worth of plastic instead of filling my motor with sand

Haha you've defo got a point there mate. Now where's my tools lol

Haha you've defo got a point there mate. Now where's my tools lol

umm. wire Mesh. Drill. Rivets. Foam. I was thinking something like the outer foam on a uni filter.

umm. wire Mesh. Drill. Rivets. Foam. I was thinking something like the outer foam on a uni filter.

I was thinking just mesh as I don't want to restrict the intake flow too much.

I was thinking just mesh as I don't want to restrict the intake flow too much.

that foam has little to no restriction.image.jpg

Guys will stuff there entire filter box full of it to filter out the sand. No ill effects

Guys will stuff there entire filter box full of it to filter out the sand. No ill effects

I've just questioned the wife if she's seen my mesh and said yeah I put it in the bin as I thought it was rubbish! :(

WTF man!!! Women honestly.

I've just questioned the wife if she's seen my mesh and said yeah I put it in the bin as I thought it was rubbish! :(

&%$#@! man!!! Women honestly.

ok don't even get me started on that one. My wife throws away everything. Tools, parts, anything, usually just because it looks old and used

I swear that if I ever put my bike away dirty, it would get tossed away.

1 person likes this

image.jpg I was thinking something more along the lines of this. For my idea all it would really do is prevent the foam from being sucked all the way through the intake

Now that I think about it, a sheet of kydex would be perfect. You could form it so that it can be permanently riveted and drill holes in it. Plus it's super light

Now that I think about it, a sheet of kydex would be perfect. You could form it so that it can be permanently riveted and drill holes in it. Plus it's super light

See what other people come up with before I dig in.