HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
14gon

2010 yz450 spring rate

6 posts in this topic

Hi there I have a 2010 yz450, I weigh 138 pounds no gear and have bout 117mm race sag and 35mm static sag, not sure what spring rates I have front and rear maybe stock , I'm a average trail / mx but want to do a bit more mx, what is a good base setup for my quoted measurements , thanks.

Your race(static)sag seems high. It should be 100-105. The spring needs more preload. The stock springs for the bike are actually probably on the stiff side for your weight. Are you sure the springs are stock.

Stock is 0.47 kg/mm up front 5.7 kg/mm rear. Ideally you would want around .44 kg/mm front 5.2 - 5.4 rear.

Most of the guys who have been successful with the '10-'13's have been running sag numbers in the 105-115 range.