What would you recommend? :)

What Hot start system are you running and what system would you recommend? give me knowledge..! :)

i never use it! hot cold after crashing my bike does'nt need it...top dead with light pressure comp. lever to just bump past i mean just a little.return lever to top and follow thru.no throttle..let idle and do not let anybody touch the throttle don't even pretend too...only when cold two full slow turns choke before starting let idle... :)

:) And to answer your question...the classiest one by far is the new DR.D.

I bought the Ty Davis hot start, It uses a tube to relocate the air intake up on the bars and is incorporated into the switch. After I put it on, it did not seem to work as well as the original switch and I had many hard times trying to get my bike started, so I took it off and went back to the factory switch.

Originally posted by SMP:

I bought the Ty Davis hot start, It uses a tube to relocate the air intake up on the bars and is incorporated into the switch. After I put it on, it did not seem to work as well as the original switch and I had many hard times trying to get my bike started, so I took it off and went back to the factory switch.

Are you sure you had it installed correctly? If the fitting is not aligned properly airflow will be diminished. Even then I don’t know that the Davis hot start flows the same CFMs as the stock one, but it definitely works as well for me.

For example, with my bike idling, you can kill the engine by opening the Davis hot start about 1/3 of the way.

What did you do with yours after you took it off?

Hick,

I followed the instructions and checked the flow like they said, but still had problems. Most likely was my install that was the problem, but I also did not like how the switch mounted, it was right behind the grip and would rub on my thumb.

I still have it, if you know anyone that is interested...the piece that screws into the carb is a little chewed up from trying to get it out after the threadlock...but it would still be functional. May be able to get that part for a few bucks if need be. Paid 89.00, will get rid of it for 40.00.obo

Dr D!! can you say SaaaaaaaaaWeeeeeeet?

I do alot of SoCal desert riding so when we stop and regroup for a min or two I shut her down. Ive tried starting w/o it but it just doesnt seem to work as good as if I use the Hot start deal. Dr. D is just around the corner from me and thats what Im leaning torwards in picking up...Oh did I happen to mention my Ty IMS tank covers the hot start button now thats fun!

My only experience is with the DR.D hot start system. I think it's pretty slick and the quality is top notch. The installation is a breeze and I have had no problems in the 2 months of ownership. :)