dirt bike cdi box's?

Those did box's like black box and big gun and other cdi boxes s do they work. I see they say up to 5 HP gains but that's a lot..for a dirt bike

Those did box's like black box and big gun and other cdi boxes s do they work. I see they say up to 5 HP gains but that's a lot..for a dirt bike

I wouldn't bother

With the right miss they can do some good. But like eBay ecus for cars pouring one in a stock motor doesn't do much

The 5 hp gain is pretty unrealistic if you're thinking of 5 at peak power.  It's very unlikely that altering the timing curve at 8500/full throttle would do anything of the sort, and it certainly wouldn't happen on any YZ450, but it could produce that much gain in the mid range on one or two models.  The '05, '08 and '09 come to mind.  The real advantage to the more sophisticated ones is that they can be tweaked to alter the power output according to track situations or your particular needs. 

The cheaper ones with only a single fixed program are not likely to help most YZ's very much, really.