Cold start ?

I need help !

I'm trying to start my bike. At -25 the only way I found is to take it down the stairs to the basement, let it unfreeze for a few hours, kickstart the beast and climb back up the stairs. That makes my wife crazy and I'm also afraid that these acts will mark my kids for life ,

:D :D.

I can smell the spring coming ?.

Where the heck are you going at -25??? :D The bike is real tight when it is that cold. I think that Yamaha designs a tight bike so when it is cold everything just does not want to budge. I have seen guys put a gas torch to the engine to heat it up. :D Get a small propane heater for the garage and turn it on a couple of hours before next to the bike. I agree with your wife. ? Driving the beast thru the house is not the best thing to do. :D

Your pretty hard-core (-25). I have a small electric heater I set blowing on the moter for about 30 min, pull choke, give it gas wide open about 10 times kick over about 5 times and she starts right up, at 19 deg. Whats it like taking it downs steps, are you on it? And just the same going up. You gota love to ride ?

I hear you Sylvain. My wife came home early and caught me riding a CT-70 in the basement with a few cocktails in me. My kids thought it was cool but the warden took a dim view of my exploits.

After you Canucks are done with it you send your weather down here.

-25 is cold.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the heck are you going at -25???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nowhere ! I only want to hear it bark a little bit so I won't hang myself before spring

So if I am following this correctly, you are rolling the bike into the basement for a warmup, riding it out, just to hear it run? Am I missing something or could it be you?

Hey, whats the big deal? I also go out to the garage and start my bike just to hear it bark. Once in the while, I will ride around the driveway and pop wheelies to get it out of my system (I have a long driveway). Believe it or not, after that, I feel better. I have to admit my wife and neighbors think I am a nut, but, not my kids! ?

if you really intend to ride it- I ride mine up till about -20, after that the wind chill is just too dam cold- install a 78 starter jet.

By richening the choke it starts much better!

PS: : richen all the circuits too!

Don't want to melt er down eh!! ?:D :D