HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Denaki

Anybody try the new Cycra Plastics on the 2014s? What Graphics?

53 posts in this topic

Just looking to see if anybody has the Cycra plastics yet and what they think about them. Looking to get a set. What graphics are you using? Anyone use the one piece graphics and who made them?

i talked to decal works , they can make the graphics for you, but you need to let them know it is for the new cycra plastics. so when i do this i will call them and design what i want online. Only bad thing is they will not be able to install the graphics since they won't be selling those plastics.. maybe not a big deal to some but i suck at installing graphics. 

1 person likes this

I just received my kit about an hour ago so I will give some initial impressions. I am sending the shrouds off to a local graphics company (LCG, great company btw) before I install them so it will probably be this time next week before I can give feedback on installation.

First, I ordered this kit three weeks ago and just received it today. I have ordered from Cycra for years and they are always very slow (and expensive) on the shipping side, and I understand that it's a new product with plenty of demand, but it would have been nice to hear that it wasn't in stock when I placed the order.

The kit I received did not match the kit on the website. I ordered the "stock" kit but received a white air box cover instead of the blue cover pictured on the website.

The shrouds/air box cover arrived un-assembled and without assembly instructions. I know this sounds like a minor complaint but after 10 minutes of looking at them I still can't figure out how they go together. I went to their website for some online guidance but there was nothing available.

You'd think for almost $300 they would provide a powerflow front fender with the kit instead of the stock replica. They refer to it as the "powerflow body kit" but the integrated shroud is about the only "powerflow" piece supplied.

My first impression is not very positive. Hopefully I will feel better about this investment after it is installed on the bike.

Mark

Bump...

I race hare scrambles and am a little nervous of how their getting air to the filter. We've run some pretty nasty mud runs and we'll probably have more, so I'm concerned with mud and water maybe being easier to get to the filter and intake. I've seen the videos and what not explaining and showing the product, but what's anyone's real feedback on it!?

In mud races, the shroud mounted air box actually appears less subject to mud and water ingestion than the previous under seat design.

1 person likes this

Just mounted my intake kit up, and yes water holes are not good. Mud should be ok as the filter is pretty protected as good if not better then stock. Think for racing, practicing and trail rides will like these, more air easy to change filters, and slims the bike down a lot. Just need to find some nice graphics! I got the black set on the white bike, looks sweet!

The slimmer profile and less parts would seal the deal, for me.

Factory Effex will also make custom, DX1, graphics for the cycra shrouds. You can buy the JGR replica graphics also, just let them know that it's for the cycra shrouds.

Just mounted my intake kit up, and yes water holes are not good. Mud should be ok as the filter is pretty protected as good if not better then stock. Think for racing, practicing and trail rides will like these, more air easy to change filters, and slims the bike down a lot. Just need to find some nice graphics! I got the black set on the white bike, looks sweet!

So it shouldn't be any worse than the stock setup as far as mud and water getting to the filter is concerned? I know the holes on then top piece can be taped up, just wasn't sure of the scoops inside the shrouds. Thanks for the real life input!

And as far as graphics goes, anyone doing graphics can get the template from Cycra for the kit I believe. Ask your graphic guy about it.

180decals has the template...

post some pictures!! i was about to get these, but i really like the 2015 graphics, plus the fact the stock ones do not get messed up easily is nice

Following up on my earlier gloomy post about this kit.  LCG completed the graphics so I mounted them this week: 

Earlier I complained about assembly but once I had the old plastic off they went together OK.  The new ducts are kind of self-explanatory once you have the old shroud/duct off and fit them up.  Some of the holes needed coaxing to line up but overall no better or worse than Acerbis , UFO or Polisport.

On the track the bike is definitely thinner in the shroud area, to the point that it took a couple laps to get used to.  Also, the higher air flow through the new ducts and additional holes in the new airbox cover seemed to make a difference in performance.  The bike seemed to pull a bit harder and throttle response was more crisp. I would compare the improvements to the performance gained by installing an Air-Force intake boot on the bike. 

I still have a few nits about the product but nothing that will keep me from using them on both of my YZFs going forward.

Mark

CycraShroud.jpg

CycraIntake.jpg

CycraWidth.jpg

2 people like this

I used my 1/4 turn bolts , cut the handles off the 2 side ones when im ready to take off i just take the top one off first then use it to take the others outImageUploadedByThumper Talk1405714280.288882.jpg

I personality like the stock plastics and gerth its sexy

2 people like this