HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redmanrandyed

Dunlop D739A/T or Maxxis IT ?

8 posts in this topic

I have pretty much narrowed the selection for a rear tire for the BRP to either a Dunlop D739 A/T or a Maxxis IT. Does anyone know from experience which one is better wearing, traction, etc.?? I mostly ride medium to hard terrain.

Thanks in advance :)

Redmanrandyed

After 2 739s I swtiched to the Maxxis IT and will not go back! I have a race and 2 rides on the maxxis and it wears like steel whereas I only got 3 rides out of a 739!

Welcome to the Club! Ben there & Done that. Maxxis IT's are good bang for the buck! If ya gotta fat wallet then Dunlop will love you. They are great tires, but head to head & dollar for dollar it's Maxxis! :)

maxxis it all the way. plus you will loose a finger trying to mount that &%$#@!en dunlop.

i have a kenda carlsbad mounted right now. it has two races and a practice ride on it. i'm very happy with the way it's wearing and it hooks up pretty good.

now due to price, wear, and hookup (in that order) i buy either the kenda carlsbad or the maxxis it.

I'm another Maxxis IT fan (price/durability/hookup) :)

...but, the Barum IT from Barnums worked OK as well. Those Dunlops sure get pricy after a while.

I am a 739AT fan, but i gotta admit-the second rear we used in the last Baja 500 was the Maxxis IT-it held up very well. I have heard of some chunking issues with em however...

Why are the freakin Dunlops so expensive?! Almost as bad as the Michelin Desert....

...but for me, I had to run my Maxxis IT at a lower than normal pressure before I liked it, so experiment with tire pressure if you don't get the hookup you expected.