HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wrxmxer

2010 valve lock issue

4 posts in this topic

How does this happen?? Bike was running fine then it just stalled out and lost compression when trying to restart. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401032910.391432.jpg

This exact thing happened to my exhaust valves.  Seems like the hard coating wears off and the valve just starts to break down.  I replaced both exhaust valves and have had no problems since.  My valve dropped enough to hit the piston.  I had to replace the crank about 5 hrs after replacing the valves. 

Ya this is exhaust also. I'll keep the crank in mind. I'm in the process of taking the head off now and will see what I see I guess.

Well, I got lucky! No damage other than the lock coming out. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the valve or the locks but I'm going to replace them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

Edited by wrxmxer