HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
papadrew

2001 WR426 tusk enduro kit issue

4 posts in this topic

Whats up guys? New to dirt bikes and thumpertalk! Stoked to join.

Installing a new tusk dual sport kit on an 01 WR426 and I'm coming across a problem. My OE headlight runs off the stator I believe as A/C current. Being that I'm making it street legal as well I need to have low and high beam. Question is, can I get a high beam output on my OE light with A/C current or do I need to switch it to D/C output. Thanks ahead for any advice

1 person likes this

The OE light has a high and low but the bike doesn't come with a switch.  The connector to the headlight only has 2 wires, only the low is working.  You'll have to get a high low switch and a headlight connector, they're cheap at auto parts stores.  And do the wiring.  You don't need DC to run a headlight or tail light.  But I've never found a way to make a horn work well on AC and finally converted mine to an all DC system with a small lithium battery. 

Thanks for the Info bro, it is appreciated! I'm going to try to button up the bike up soon!

I have a similar question..

I'm considering morphing my '04 CR125 into a street legal supermoto. I can't find a higher output stator for my bike so I'm thinking of taking the LED rout for lights with even maybe a small battery. (I won't really ride it much at night anyways) Do I just need to install a universal regulator and a universal rectifier or universal regulator/rectifier unit to get DC power to run LEDs? Any flaws or concerns I probably overlooked?