HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
condor74

2006 WR450F. Speedometer Calibration

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to calibrate the speedometer on a WR450.  Mine seems to read very low.  I have only had it up to 40 mph a couple times and It seems like I am doing closer to 60mph.  I need to find a way to check it and correct it.  If it is really as far off as it seems, this would throw off the odometer too and I use that more than the speedometer. 

Any help would be appreciated.

I think I figured it out.  I have actually been searching for the answer for a while on this but never posted anything about it.  In case anyone else wants to know or is having similar issues the way to calibrate the stock speedometer on a 2006 WR450 is hold down slc1 and reset for 2 seconds.  It will bring you to a speedometer calibration page.  From the factory it should read 100.0C.  That is 100% or 0 correction.  You can fine tune it by making runs with a GPS and getting it to match by moving it up or down from 100.0  Incedently mine was set at 65.0 which would be 65% of total error assuming that 100% is correct for me.  That would mean that when I ran my bike up to 42 MPH on the gauge, I was actually doing 65 MPH.  That is about what it felt like.  

I hope this helps others.