HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ratom98

throttle too sensative?

4 posts in this topic

never thought i would complain about a throttle being too easy to twist, but when i start to get some arm pump and throttle and clutch control become a little less accurate, the super easy and responsive throttle gets a little sketchy on jump faces. anything i can do to make it a little harder to twist? this is on a 2011 yz450 btw

I cannot recommend anything to make the actual grip twist with more effort, but wade at injectioneering can make all that jumpiness disappear. I got that mod done, and that's the first thing I noticed. No more jumpy jittery throttle. Smooth roll on power

1 person likes this

I cannot recommend anything to make the actual grip twist with more effort, but wade at injectioneering can make all that jumpiness disappear. I got that mod done, and that's the first thing I noticed. No more jumpy jittery throttle. Smooth roll on power

I had the same issue with my yz450f....if you have the tuner you can dial down the settings to a softer response. I have mine set for wet mud conditions, it helps the hard hit out of a turn. You will get use to it. I might add I also changed my gearing for woods riding. Good luck ....

never thought i would complain about a throttle being too easy to twist, but when i start to get some arm pump and throttle and clutch control become a little less accurate, the super easy and responsive throttle gets a little sketchy on jump faces. anything i can do to make it a little harder to twist? this is on a 2011 yz450 btw

see my post below...

When I jumped on my 14 this year I found the same thing, ITs almost like have wisky throttle, almost, I just loosened the cable a touch so it wasn't so sensitive until I get the throttle body mod done

1 person likes this