2014 Motor mount relocation

For a 10-13 but the 14 is a totally new bike that already has the motor moved foward so speaking to what worked on the 10-13 dosent apply to the 14 i would like to know if someone has tried it on the 14 though. Mine works great with no mods i just got used to it no wiggle at all

i figured it wasn't straying from the subject since people were talking about how effective it was moving the engine 3mm compared too moving your body a inch. The 2014 relocation kit doesn't move the engine 3mm so I thought we were talking about relocating the engine in general including the the previous years. i apologize.

Any updates?

I'd love to know what the factory bikes use for motor mount geometry, however applicable it is to us peons.

Any updates?

Just got them in the mail, have not had time to take the bike apart and install them. The bike is already there with the 90" front tire, 20 mm triple clamps and the DrD rad. Lowering kit. I think this will just be the icing on the cake! I jump a little noise hi and think this will be what I need plus better turn in

The front tire is not 90 inches.  The circumference would be close, but that's not what the number means.  In a tire size, the last number is the rim diameter at the bead seat.  The first number is the nominal width in millimeters of the tire body when mounted on the prescribed width rim.  The number that follows the slash is the aspect ratio.  An x/100 tire is 100% as tall as it is wide, measured again from the rim bead to the high point on the tire body (not the tread).  An x/90 tire is 90% as tall as it is wide, and so on.

Your tire is 90mm wide, as compared to the "normal" 80mm wide front tire.

Whats the word Denaki?

Going to install them this weekend but, won't get to ride again till mid July. I will give a full run down if know reports by then.

I read a lot of people swear by the engine relocation kit, including MXA.  The way I see it, if your chain is adjusted exactly correctly, you would have to move the rear wheel forward 2.5mm on the 2010-2013 and 1.5mm forward on the 2014 if you moved the engine forward that amount or it would be too tight.  This movement would negate any forward weight shift of moving the engine forward.  I have a 2010 and although I know it lengthens the wheelbase, I run an extra couple of chain links and move the wheel back. I think this has a greater overall effect.          

I read a lot of people swear by the engine relocation kit, including MXA.  The way I see it, if your chain is adjusted exactly correctly, you would have to move the rear wheel forward 2.5mm on the 2010-2013 and 1.5mm forward on the 2014 if you moved the engine forward that amount or it would be too tight.  This movement would negate any forward weight shift of moving the engine forward.  I have a 2010 and although I know it lengthens the wheelbase, I run an extra couple of chain links and move the wheel back. I think this has a greater overall effect.          

Bear in mind that the front wheel is in a fixed position, so by moving the engine forward, adjusting the chain to suit ( also moving forward ) you are gaining maximum 'MASS CENTRALISATION' !!! on said package. That's got to be worth a few oooo ahhhs...

Me personally - if I want more weight on the front I just eat more pies :-)

Bear in mind that the front wheel is in a fixed position, so by moving the engine forward, adjusting the chain to suit ( also moving forward ) you are gaining maximum 'MASS CENTRALISATION' !!! on said package.

No, if you move the engine forward, then move the wheel forward a like amount, you shorten the wheelbase, for starters, and the effect moves the front wheel closer to the mass of the engine assembly, which functionally decentralizes the mass to that extent. 

No, if you move the engine forward, then move the wheel forward a like amount, you shorten the wheelbase, for starters, and the effect moves the front wheel closer to the mass of the engine assembly, which functionally decentralizes the mass to that extent. 

gray, it was a joke. 

Some of the peeps on here need to stop worrying about the logistics so much and just get out and ride...

gray, it was a joke. 

Some of the peeps on here need to stop worrying about the logistics so much and just get out and ride...

Or stop posting nonsense and get out and ride.

Placebo effect.

I would be more interested in trying the new engine mounts from the 2015. Probably way easier to install, and more importantly, might actually have a real affect on how the bike feels. I like the bike the way it is so not messing with mine.