2014 Motor mount relocation

Want to know also, I have the 90" front tire, 20mm triple clamps and Dr D rad. Lowering kit. Loven it now but, what if the motor relocation makes it even better. Almost pulled the trigger today and bought it.

Want to know also, I have the 90" front tire, 20mm triple clamps and Dr D rad. Lowering kit. Loven it now but, what if the motor relocation makes it even better. Almost pulled the trigger today and bought it.

I am keen to try it too, what is the story on the tire size?

I don't understand, when the engine weighs 70 pounds, why moving it forward three millimeters is supposed to do more to improve the handling than my moving my 180 pounds forward an inch on the seat, maybe by having my bars mounted forward a little bit, or something.

Something doesn't add up. 

Edited by TenCrows

I don't understand, when the engine weighs 70 pounds, why moving it forward three millimeters is supposed to do more to improve the handling than my moving my 180 pounds forward an inch on the seat, maybe by having my bars mounted forward a little bit, or something.

Something doesn't add up. 

"sarcasm starts" What, can you do that! I might start a thread on it... "sarcasm ends"

So do you guys that don't buy into this feel that any difference that moving the weight slightly forward would not be noticeable or that there is just other ways too achieve this. It's funny because a lot of the people that install these kits swear by them and say its very noticeable. People have such a wide variety of opinions I find it interesting some say huge difference some say a little some didn't seem too notice much and others believe its completely snake oil. I think it's safe too say on some level how ever small it does off set some weight to the front so I guess the question should be is there a appreciable difference how ever small it might be or is this the same thing as saying I put a quarter on my front fender now I have more weight over my front tire. I'm just curious in your opinion if people are really feeling this even if I might not at my skill level. Please explain if you will. Thanks. It's interesting to me.

By the way my previous post I was more directing my comments on the engine relocation kit to the 2010-2013 not just because I own one but because I'm sure people have more experience with the engine relocation on this bikes rather than the 14 even though I guess the same questions could apply to the 14 even though I'm sure people have much less experience and time testing these.

Edited by Mtrain730

I had the kit on my '11 and installed it with very few expectations as to the benefits it would provide. I was shocked with how much I did feel it improved the bike. It didn't turn a bike I hated in to one I loved. I already liked the biked. It did make be feel a bit more confident in it though which in turn, allowed me to loosen up and go faster. The area where I noticed it most was on corner exit, one place specifically on a track I ride a lot was very noticeable. Again, not night and day, but worth the $150.

Placebo? Real improvement? Doesn't matter. I went faster and had more fun on the bike after install. I am a believer.

For a 10-13 but the 14 is a totally new bike that already has the motor moved foward so speaking to what worked on the 10-13 dosent apply to the 14 i would like to know if someone has tried it on the 14 though. Mine works great with no mods i just got used to it no wiggle at all