HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
guillev

I need your opinion - YZ time

4 posts in this topic

Hello, i need your opinion about yz time in my wr 400 '00

Why I must to setup my bike with that time?

gUiLLe

You gain in the midrange and top end and may lose a little off the bottom.

You don't have to do anything you don't want to. :)

------------------

'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action , OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

If you want your bike to have instant front wheel pulling power then switch to YZ timing. I have made the switch on my 400 and love the fact that I can lift the tire anytime needed. It may hurt bottom end power a little, but this engine was designed to run in the upper rev's anyway.

------------------

98 WR400 "Strokerized"

97 EXC400

94 RMX250

I changed the timing on my wr99 road plated and didn't see a realy noticeable difference in loosing bottom torque. However, mid where improved. Go for it, the hardest thing is not the timing change but the rejetting. It will cost you a couple of hour in time and may be a main jet and a needle, no more.