HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
msliker22

Throttle cable

4 posts in this topic

I pulled my throttle housing off my bars an when I hooked it back up it now sticks one of my cables when it pulls out it has trouble going back in so I only used the one that works and my throttle is snappy as ever is that a bad idea to only use one of them and if so any ideas on how to get that other cable moving better maybe lube it up some or adjust it?

No I did not do you want the throttle body to over hang off the bars a bit? And do you know if only having the one cable hooked up is a bad idea instead of having both it seams to be working fine I even pulled the cover off the side of the carborator

Yes the throttle tube should hang off the bars about 1/8 inch. And the other cable is to make sure it returns. It's there for a reason I wouldn't remove it. While it's apart lube the cables and make sure their not binding anywhere