I've owned my 13 scince December and haven't came accross any issues with it whatsoever, besides a spongy front brake. Would like to get a list going of things to look for on these model bikes, common problems, tricks & tips applicable to these models ect...anyone have anything to chime in with? Or are these bikes really that bullet proof

I have just got back in into dirt bikes and just started racing mx. I have a 2012 it only has 30 hrs but other then maintaining(change oil and clean air filter I have not had too touch any thing. Not every one loves this generation yz 2010-2013 because its very different. One thing every one seems too agree on is they are bullet proof and super reliable with basic maintenance.

Only issue with my '11 was the head gasket that had a small tear in it. Warrantied issue on the '10 s but not 11-13. $30 fix, no big deal.! Thought my engine was screwed when it blew oil all over my boot though. Otherwise it's a great bike!

Got a 13'  with approx 45 hrs on it. No probs at all mechanically. Tried a lowering link (can't touch the ground!) but it only made the loose front end feeling worse (did calm the rear in braking bumps). I tried every sag/front end height combo imaginable. Tossed the link and installed the Lightspeed engine relocation kit. Best $100 I ever spent! Went with the GYTR 4.4 oz flywheel and Factory Connection revalve. Awesome!

Got a 13' with approx 45 hrs on it. No probs at all mechanically. Tried a lowering link (can't touch the ground!) but it only made the loose front end feeling worse (did calm the rear in braking bumps). I tried every sag/front end height combo imaginable. Tossed the link and installed the Lightspeed engine relocation kit. Best $100 I ever spent! Went with the GYTR 4.4 oz flywheel and Factory Connection revalve. Awesome!

did you have the revalve before the engine relocation. Just curious cause I have a similar set factory connection revalve and fly wheel weight. I have my bike set up pretty close too factory connection recommended setting. I am thinking about the engine relocation. I am not gonna blame the bike for any cornering problems I might have because i am new too the mx seen as oppose too just causal ridding but I have Been trying too get more bite out of my front end so i figure this might be worth a try.

Actually, yes I did. Saved enough money buying it as a left-over which paid for the revalve. The lightspeed kit was my last mod. Just do it! It is an easy job and well worth the money! Don't underestimate your riding abilities and cut yourself short, you are worth it!

Actually, yes I did. Saved enough money buying it as a left-over which paid for the revalve. The lightspeed kit was my last mod. Just do it! It is an easy job and well worth the money! Don't underestimate your riding abilities and cut yourself short, you are worth it!

mind if I pick your brain. Where you happy with the revalve And what improvements did you notice with just the revalved I only have got too ride a little since the revalve I'm 180 so I kept the stock springs. Mind if I ask what fork height and clicker setting you running. I got the revalve because I needed too have my suspenion serviced any way so I figured what the heck they made it a little less harsh for me because the suspenion felt a little stiff for me with stock valving. Again I'm mid pack c rider on a good day so I'm far from fast it i just started racing. Any tips would be appreciated as far as setup since where running almost exact bikes with exact mods lol. Thanks again. Edited by Mtrain730

I am just using the clicker settings that Factory Connection suggested (I go a click or 2 stiffer or softer on the forks depending on the track. I did slow the front fork rebound down 2 clickes, seems to stick in the ruts a little better). http://www.lightspeedcarbon.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=581%2D00512

Do this kit! You will not be disappointed!

I am just using the clicker settings that Factory Connection suggested (I go a click or 2 stiffer or softer on the forks depending on the track. I did slow the front fork rebound down 2 clickes, seems to stick in the ruts a little better). http://www.lightspeedcarbon.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=581%2D00512

Do this kit! You will not be disappointed!

ok thanks man I take it the light speed kit or the drd kit will both do the same. Do you race by the way.

I rode the 13 and 14. I bought the 13 and only had one issue and the dealer took care of it asp. I rode it about 5 or 6 hours changed fork oil a different weight  and took the dunlops off. I am still messin with the clickers but I have no issues with the 13. It turns as good as anything out there and handles ruts well. The only bitch is the 1.5 gal. tank and efi.

• Like 1

I still moto pretty hard, but at my age I'm not sure you can really call it racing! ? I am pushing 60...

thats great you really are only as old as you feel. My dad is in his sixties he doesn't ride but is more active than some people that are 20 years younger than him. By the way I'm not kid. 32. ?

I still moto pretty hard, but at my age I'm not sure you can really call it racing! ?  I am pushing 60...

Doesnt make any difference what you call it as long as its fun. I checked your age and you sir are another whinny ass kid.lol  I ll turn 64 real soon and entered my first race 58 years ago on the 4 th of July. I m on the race track at least 2 times a week and hit the woods at least once a week weather permiting. I do enjoy retirement its allowed me to step up my game you should try it. lol  A good friend of mine rode till his early 80s so I figure I still have alot of dirt to plow up I hope. lol.... If you quit age will catch up with quick this I have seen.       What part of Tex.?

• Like 1

It's great you guys stuck with it I'm 32 and all though I did have a few dirt bikes growing up it has been a few years now I have kids got a bike and got into mx for the first time I think some people are even surprised that I got into racing for the first time in my 30s as the majority of people my age that race have done so for a long time. I know i have lots of years left if I want there too be. I work with a guy who just turned 50 and he is in better shape than me and even though he races in a different class than me I'm 99.9 percent sure he would embarrass me on the track he is always in the top 3. Ok I'm 100 percent sure he would embarrass me. You can ride as long as you want too end of story and I will never let any one tell me different. ?

Edited by Mtrain730
  • Like 1

My not expert opinion be ready too replace chain and sprockets soon. possibly a fly wheel weight if you do any thing other than mx and keep it maintained and it will be a while before any major work needs too be done. It's a nice bike for the weekend warrior. Very dependable.

Edited by Mtrain730