HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
canadianbeast

Magura clutch??

10 posts in this topic

hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Magura Hydrallic clutch for my 02' 426. I was wondering if antone has had any problems with theirs. I race the GNCCs and want to make sure they hold up to 3 hours of abuse.thanks

I, too, am thinking of getting a hydraulic clutch for my '99 400. Anybody know of a place to get a good deal?

hey, before u spend your money on one of those, why dont u take some riding lessons from a certain gas gas rider in pittsburgh, (oink oink kyle)

I put one on my '01 and recently moved it to my '02 and really like it. No more adjustments (which really drove me nuts at the start line). It's been really reliable but it can be a pain if you have to bleed it (use fork oil=mineral oil). Action is smooth and you really just forget about it completely. On mine, I took off the rubber protector from the clutch cable and used some duck tape to keep dirt off the plunger shaft.

No Problems at all with my Magura clutch on my YZ400F, and it's holding up to 5 hours of abuse in my rides every sunday ! No adjustments needed ! :)

You may want to check out a Hebo juice clutch instead of the Magura. The pull is said to be lighter than that of the Magura and actually costs less.

These units are found at http://www.Erider.ws

and come stock on Gas Gas bikes.

fershy

p.s. juiceless at the moment

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: fershy ]Erider

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: fershy ]

The Magura works awesome but it breaks by the actuation arm down by the cases. I have broke mine twice and they have covered it both times. But it is still a bit disconcerting.