HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RLV199

2010 450 subframe fail

2 posts in this topic

So i have a 2010 with a yoshi and since the yoshi only has one mounting hole on the slip on, it puts massive pressure on the tiny little tab that it bolts to. Therefore snapping the tap off and letting the exhaust flap and slap whereever it pleases mid moto >:(

has anyone else had this issue I've had it welded and it snapped right back off so its gone to the welder again to get bulked up with a bracket i built.

But my yoshi is next to destroyed :/

So i have a 2010 with a yoshi and since the yoshi only has one mounting hole on the slip on, it puts massive pressure on the tiny little tab that it bolts to. Therefore snapping the tap off and letting the exhaust flap and slap whereever it pleases mid moto >:(

has anyone else had this issue I've had it welded and it snapped right back off so its gone to the welder again to get bulked up with a bracket i built.

But my yoshi is next to destroyed :/

I beefed my up substantially.

If it snapped off in the square tube area, try making a solid alloy insert to fit inside before you weld it back together. Also drill some holes so you can plug weld to the solid piece for added strength. Get your welder to spend extra time to bulk up the area around where the rear guard bolt threads into as well as this is a weak point.

Cheers