HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr650Lroostnya

shock and linkage bolts

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys Im tryin to take my shock off to get it revalved but I cant seem to get all the bolts loose especailly the ones on the shock itself. I have both wheels off and managed to get one bolt out of the linkage the rest are insanely tight. :D Im guessing this is because these bolts have never been loose before and the factory puts them on very tight??? :D Or am I doing somthing wrong??? :D

If anyone has any ideas I would appeciate it alot. :)

Just get a piece of pipe and slip it over your wrench and leverage it-- you'll get em loose! Oh yeah--make sure you are turning the nut...not the bolt. Helps if you take them off in the right order. Use a little grease on em when they go back on.

Wait till ya try removing the swing arm pivot bolt!

Thanx for then info I used a pipe over the handle of the wrench for more leverage like you said and it worked great just took awhile to loosen them. Yeah when I finally got the swingarm bolt out there was very little or no grease on it at all I guess thats true that honda dosnt put much grease on from the factory. Ill make sure to put pleanty of grease on them when I put them back on. :D Thanx Irondude :D

Now the next thing on my list to do is take the forks off but that should be a piece of cake compared to the shock.I hope :)