YZ450F strange noise?

Hi!

Recently I bought a 07 YZ450F, low hours seems to me!

Very good condition, just looks like new.

The engine was very quiet and silent, the previous owner barely ride that bike. He even gave me the gaskets and everything that came with the bike when new.

Well, I have about 10 hours on the bike now, and a strange noise coming from the motor appeared!

It's like a knocking or rattling, and it's becoming more and more loud.

My cam chain tensor isn't in great shape, seems to me. I'm thinking in replacing the cam chain and the tensor. What do you guys think that can be? I'm afraid that something is gonna break :(

Hi!

Recently I bought a 07 YZ450F, low hours seems to me!

Very good condition, just looks like new.

The engine was very quiet and silent, the previous owner barely ride that bike. He even gave me the gaskets and everything that came with the bike when new.

Well, I have about 10 hours on the bike now, and a strange noise coming from the motor appeared!

It's like a knocking or rattling, and it's becoming more and more loud.

My cam chain tensor isn't in great shape, seems to me. I'm thinking in replacing the cam chain and the tensor. What do you guys think that can be? I'm afraid that something is gonna break :(

May b your drive chain loosening up and slapping swing arm.

Hell the fact the engine was quiet would concern me. Mine sounds like chitty chitty bang bang.

In fact! It was quiet!

That's my concern.

I'm gonna buy a cam chain and a tensor. Let's see if the tok noise will stop.

Pretty hard to tell from vid. Almost sounds like exhaust leak at the header? You could use a long screwdriver or dowel like a stethoscope to try and pin point the culpret.

Exhaust leak? We'll I changed the exhaust.

Full Akrapovic exhaust...

Try pulling the clutch in while it's idling and see how that affects it. Gearbox rattle is normal.

I've tried that. The rattles stop but the knocking noise continues! i'm freankin out with this.

I had a 2008 YZ450 that had the gear box rattle, went away in I pulled in the clutch. Never had an issue with it. Sounds similar to mine.

it´s not gear box rattle I believe. Here in my country (Portugal), Yamaha doesn´t have cam chains in stock (wtf?), I´ll just have to wait.

Do you guys think that ridding my bike while making this noise will be a bad ideia?