Carb Part doesn't look right 2007 450f

I bought a 2007 yz450f yesterday and it wasn't running quite right. So I pulled the carb off and it's not like the carbs I've dealt with in the past. When I picked it up it was a huge pain to start and had zero idle. It would run just fine when I kept my hand on the gas to create an idle though. I turned the idle screw up just a touch and it'll start and idle just fine, first kick when it's cold. So I decided I was going to start by cleaning the carb, most of it looked clean and perfect until I pulled the slider cover. There was some gunk all around in there. When I pulled the slider out this little plate thing fell out with it. Looks like that rubber part wont sit correctly. Could that be a thing? Do I replace the rubber ring or the whole little plate thing?photo.php?fbid=10201911980142219&set=a.1

carb seal.jpg

sometimes rubber will swell with different chemicals maybe let it dry some and it may shrink back down.

If this isn't the problem, any ideas what it would be? My mechanic said it doesn't sound like valves to him. If this carb clean doesn't work I'm just going to take it to him to fix

sometimes rubber will swell with different chemicals maybe let it dry some and it may shrink back down.

Try this before you buy a new one.

Try this before you buy a new one.

LNBC

Let's not be cheap. It's $20. for a new one and there's no telling where that old one may end up.

I ordered one but gonna try this one for now. I pulled the plug, its perfectly brown. That means what as far as possible valve issues?

It won't "end up" anywhere.  9 times out of 10, they shrink right back to shape.  The new seal will look just like that in a week.  I have other things to do with $20.

I ordered one but gonna try this one for now. I pulled the plug, its perfectly brown. That means what as far as possible valve issues?

Means nothing as far as valves are concerned.  Check your clearances.  It's easy to do (once you work out how the cover comes off), and it will tell you more than anything else about the valve condition.  If they are tighter than spec, adjust them.  Then, check them again after 2 or 3 rides.  If the adjustment holds, they're probably just fine.  If one or more of them has closed back up in that short time, they need to be replaced.