HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JungleRider

Recommendations for Air Filter for XR650-L?

7 posts in this topic

I have a strange XR250, which came stock(!) with the same air filter as the newer XR650-L (no. 17214-MY6-670).

In my home forum (XR250/400) we talk frequently about Gordon's mods, of changing the airfilter to get better airflow, etc.

Q1: Do you guys here @ BRP 's home have similar recommendations about this particular air filter?

Q2: How do I clean this filter? (Yes, I'm new to dirt biking, but all the more excited about it!!)

Q2: Is there an aftermarket product that you would recommend?

Thanks!

JungleRider ('96 XR250-Baja)

I agree, chuck the stock filter and get a UNI. They are inexpensive and the motor can suck in more air. And you can clean it when it gets clogged up. :)

I fly Uni-air. Is there any other?

And look into the No Toil Oil & cleaner kit. It's waterbased so you can tell all the tree hugging environmentalists your're being a responsible off-roading enthusiast concerned for the welfare of the planet.