HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yamaha.44

2014 wr450f and a gytr ecu

4 posts in this topic

So I have been reading a lot about how a GYTR Tuner will greatly increase performance of my bike. Im hesitant to do this because I am worried the bike will be a lightning bolt.. I ride dirt roads and trails with little to no jumping. So my question is just how much of an increase I.E speed/torque will the Tuner make?

It's not about more, it's about better (and yes, some more)

The stock bike runs like crap, and has to be re-tuned to run smooth, clean, and for you to be in control.

The GYTR kit is the best/easiest way to do that.

So I have been reading a lot about how a GYTR Tuner will greatly increase performance of my bike. Im hesitant to do this because I am worried the bike will be a lightning bolt.. I ride dirt roads and trails with little to no jumping. So my question is just how much of an increase I.E speed/torque will the Tuner make?

It doesn't change the power output per se, it changes the how it's delivered. So you could make it into a lightning bolt, if you chose to. Or you could make soft & mellow, or pretty much anywhere in between.

If you search this forum, you'll find a couple good threads on FI tuning, complete with suggested maps and how they work. You can make the bike feel almost like an MX bike, or almost like a 250, just by tuning the FI. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me!

Edited by GP1K

It doesn't change the power output per se, it changes the how it's delivered. So you could make it into a lightning bolt, if you chose to. Or you could make soft & mellow, or pretty much anywhere in between.

If you search this forum, you'll find a couple good threads on FI tuning, complete with suggested maps and how they work. You can make the bike feel almost like an MX bike, or almost like a 250, just by tuning the FI. It's pretty damn cool if you ask me!

This thread is worth a look:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1064381-wr-maps-only/