HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yzed250

07 yz450 compression braking

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone

Just wondering what the compression braking feels like on a healthy 07 yz450? Is it strong?

Non-existant? Mild?

This is my first 4 stroke so just wondering how it should feel, all my mates ride 450s and I have ridden heaps but all my buddies have are crfs, ktms and kxfs, the only close thing to mine I've ridden is an 02yzf426 and the compression braking is really strong on that thing.

Thanks

More than it would have with a slipper clutch. My lad was complaining about the lack of one on the KTM350SXF this weekend and was glad to get back on the Hinson equipped YZ450F. That's on grippy tarmac running road race wets or a supermoto ladder cut slick though.

Yeah I don't know, my line of thought is that if the engine braking isn't that great it might have worn piston rings?