2003 WR450F Accelerator Pump Weak Stream.

I've been thru all the steps/mods of the bog issue and still have a weak stream out of the AP nozzle... I've done the o-ring mod put in a new diaphram and cleaned all the jets etc. I noticed there is fuel coming out this hole when the AP pump is triggered I just need to know if that is some sort of overflow (or normal)?... I thought it might be why the stream is weak, losing pressure here? Thanks for the help I'm a nooby with this style of carb but am not mechanically challenged just bear with me. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

1397334267184.jpg

You need to service the apump system

Clean the apump passages, and make sure the check ball-bearing is not stuck

- better yet, upgrade to the 2008 crf450r version: there is a kit for this on crf'sonly.com

Diaphragm: must be pilable and have the short rivet

No corrosion anywhere

Leak jet: must have 50 or smaller to get a properly filled up cavity

Linkage spring: if it is stock, it will never squirt right. You need to wire it shut (mickey mouse version) or better yet replace the spring with a merge racing or tokyo mods spring.

You might also soak the brass nozzle in some solvent: I used a little cap over the nozzle and squirted PB blaster underneath. You can also try a piece of wire from a wound guitar string.

I'm positive all the AP passages are clean and clear. I really cant afford to buy an upgrade. I have considered grinding down the long rivet on the diaphram but wanted to see why the fuel was coming from that specific hole, or (if that was normal)? I can troubleshoot from there.

You need to service the apump system

Clean the apump passages, and make sure the check ball-bearing is not stuck

- better yet, upgrade to the 2008 crf450r version: there is a kit for this on crf'sonly.com

Diaphragm: must be pilable and have the short rivet

No corrosion anywhere

Leak jet: must have 50 or smaller to get a properly filled up cavity

Linkage spring: if it is stock, it will never squirt right. You need to wire it shut (mickey mouse version) or better yet replace the spring with a merge racing or tokyo mods spring.

You might also soak the brass nozzle in some solvent: I used a little cap over the nozzle and squirted PB blaster underneath. You can also try a piece of wire from a wound guitar string.