Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
markcjr

yz400f suspension swap

11 posts in this topic

I have a 98 yz400f that I had the suspension done on.  Can I just swap the front and rear suspension to my 99, which needs suspension work (98 is just a parts bike)?

I read the 99 had a different leverage curve ratio, or something to that effect, so I wasn't sure if the rear shock stroke etc were the same.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey, Grayracer I think Ive read you mention using a newer rear shock in a 400. Is there a certain range of years that the rear shock fits into the 400?

one more question. does that year model range (98-09) include y250 and yz250f shocks?

Thank you. And does that go for the bottom linkage as well?

No.

one more question. does that year model range (98-09) include y250 and yz250f shocks?

Don't thinks so, but you could measure a couple out.  The form factor is the same, but the length and eyelet dimensions might vary on other models.  Shocks from a lighter bike would be valved wrong, too.

1 person likes this

as always , you've been super helpful.  thank you.

it seems like most of the 450 shocks from newer models (09 and older) measure approx 19.25. oem on my 98 is 19, I believe. this difference will just result in a slight change in seat height, correct.?