New friction plates don't fit

Just bought a new clutch basket, inner hub and friction plates. When I was putting the friction plates into the basket, the plate tabs were extremely tight between the clutch basket tabs enough that I thought they were gonna break when I was pushing them to the bottom. I got a wiseco basket and pro x plates. I've checked and rechecked to make sure they are the correct parts for my bike. Is this just bad luck that happens sometimes?

The ProX plates are more likely to be at fault for this misfit than the basket.  Nevertheless, compare the width of the basket slots on the new one with an unworn area of the old one, measured near the closed end of the slot on the old.  Also, check the fit of the new plates in the far back (inside, bottom,...) end of the old basket.

The ProX plates are more likely to be at fault for this misfit than the basket. Nevertheless, compare the width of the basket slots on the new one with an unworn area of the old one, measured near the closed end of the slot on the old. Also, check the fit of the new plates in the far back (inside, bottom,...) end of the old basket.

Sounds like you have possibly seen issues with ProX. What brand do you recommend? Edited by Hoosier-Daddy