ringing coming from somewhere up front on my yz450

So I started hearing this ringing noise while riding today. Not a clue what it could be.,or where it's coming from. If i lean over my front fender it's louder. Any advice would be great. Not sure if it's in the motor or not. Sure hope not..

So I started hearing this ringing noise while riding today. Not a clue what it could be.,or where it's coming from. If i lean over my front fender it's louder. Any advice would be great. Not sure if it's in the motor or not. Sure hope not..

Please video this. If we hear it we could help.

Subscribed.  I have a similar issue, which for me only comes up after I've been riding awhile and the wheel bearings (I'm guessing) are warmed up.  The bike had a relatively easy life before getting to me and I wouldn't think it'd be time for new bearings already up front.  But in my case, it's only during slow speed - makes a sound equivalent to rubbing your finger around the top of a wine glass, and then goes away once I speed up.  I make sure the front axle is clean and greased after every couple of rides.  Joey, not sure if this is what you're getting as well.

Subscribed.  I have a similar issue, which for me only comes up after I've been riding awhile and the wheel bearings (I'm guessing) are warmed up.  The bike had a relatively easy life before getting to me and I wouldn't think it'd be time for new bearings already up front.  But in my case, it's only during slow speed - makes a sound equivalent to rubbing your finger around the top of a wine glass, and then goes away once I speed up.  I make sure the front axle is clean and greased after every couple of rides.  Joey, not sure if this is what you're getting as well.

i dont usually rub my finger around a wine glass, but yes it is slow speeds and steady throttle. 

i know it isnt the wheel bearings because i just replaced them thinking it was them.

im wondering if it is timing chain etc...

Please video this. If we hear it we could help.

i dont think you would be able to hear it with the wind and the motor on. it is about 20 mph. i will look into videoing it.

That problem?  I'll bet you can cure that by lifting the edge of the outer lip of the wheel bearing seal and lubing it with a dab of grease.

I will give it a try - thanks a lot.

That problem?  I'll bet you can cure that by lifting the edge of the outer lip of the wheel bearing seal and lubing it with a dab of grease.

lube exactly what?

lube exactly what?

The seals.

Answer your phone dummy!:huh: