trans removal troubles?

been wrenching on my 426 motor for couple hrs now, finally made it to my trans and can't figure out how to get the trans out of the right side case. how does the little mechanism on the right side of the shifter drum come off?

been wrenching on my 426 motor for couple hrs now, finally made it to my trans and can't figure out how to get the trans out of the right side case. how does the little mechanism on the right side of the shifter drum come off? It looks like it should just screw out of the drum or something?

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1396703527.119099.jpg

not sure why that just posted twice sorry!!

Remove the nut in the center of the shit drum. You can see it in your picture. bottom leftish of the picture. It's black with a nipple on it. As far as the arm goes remove the bolt holding it to the case.

that's what I was thinking but every time I tried loosening it, it changed gears. thanks for the help!

Keep going until ti stops changing gears.  When it gets to first or fifth, it will stop doing that.

yup, got it out thanks! If their is signs of wear on any of the gears, forks, or drum should it just be replaced?