HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crb357

GYTR Offroad 9.21 FWW vs Steahly 11oz FWW?

10 posts in this topic

I know GYTR FWW measure their effective weight differently than Steahly does. So which one will produce a more heavier flywheel effect the GYTR 9.21 or Steahly 11oz?

I have a WR450 and I'm trying to mimic the same feel on an 09YZ450 that I'm using for Eastern Enduro and Harescrambles. I generally get the heaviest FWW I can find for MX bikes that I use in the woods.

Also, are there any other brands of FWW weights available other than these two?

IF the Steahly is made the same way as the GYT-R, by welding a ring weight to the basic OEM flywheel, it would have a greater effect on inertia because it's heavier.  If it's made by bolting a plate to the back side of the flywheel, it may be only about the same or less effective, since much of its weight will be closer to the crank centerline.

I chose the gytr 9.21. It made a significant change. Much more woods friendly. Fit was perfect, Install was super easy(with puller). The welds looked really good. Im pretty sure it came with a new gasket too.

I believe the steahly is made different if I remember correctly. I dont like the idea of adding bolts to rotating parts that I can't easily give a visual inspection.

Edited by Hoosier-Daddy

I've always used the Steahly on my past MX bikes that I have used for woods work. I've had 4 of them.They are made differently than the GYTR, which is why I'm asking. I was going to call them, but figured I would get an unbiased opinion here first.

I am interested in this as well. I have the GYTR in my shopping cart as I type this. :jawdrop:

I am interested in this as well. I have the GYTR in my shopping cart as I type this. :jawdrop:

I have no ragrets. Not even one letter! Best thing I have done to mine, that and getting suspension done for my weight and style. I have not pulled the trigger on a rekluse though,,yet.hmm. Thats a whole other thread.

I have no ragrets. Not even one letter! Best thing I have done to mine, that and getting suspension done for my weight and style. I have not pulled the trigger on a rekluse though,,yet.hmm. Thats a whole other thread.

Thank you, I pulled the trigger tonight!

Thank you, I pulled the trigger tonight!

I am sure you will like it. Let us know how it treats you.