GYTR Offroad 9.21 FWW vs Steahly 11oz FWW?

I know GYTR FWW measure their effective weight differently than Steahly does. So which one will produce a more heavier flywheel effect the GYTR 9.21 or Steahly 11oz?

I have a WR450 and I'm trying to mimic the same feel on an 09YZ450 that I'm using for Eastern Enduro and Harescrambles. I generally get the heaviest FWW I can find for MX bikes that I use in the woods.

Also, are there any other brands of FWW weights available other than these two?

IF the Steahly is made the same way as the GYT-R, by welding a ring weight to the basic OEM flywheel, it would have a greater effect on inertia because it's heavier.  If it's made by bolting a plate to the back side of the flywheel, it may be only about the same or less effective, since much of its weight will be closer to the crank centerline.

I chose the gytr 9.21. It made a significant change. Much more woods friendly. Fit was perfect, Install was super easy(with puller). The welds looked really good. Im pretty sure it came with a new gasket too.

I believe the steahly is made different if I remember correctly. I dont like the idea of adding bolts to rotating parts that I can't easily give a visual inspection.

Edited by Hoosier-Daddy

I've always used the Steahly on my past MX bikes that I have used for woods work. I've had 4 of them.They are made differently than the GYTR, which is why I'm asking. I was going to call them, but figured I would get an unbiased opinion here first.

The gytr is le$$

The gytr is le$$

Yeah, another reason for my inquiry! LOL

I am interested in this as well. I have the GYTR in my shopping cart as I type this. :jawdrop:

I am interested in this as well. I have the GYTR in my shopping cart as I type this. :jawdrop:

I have no ragrets. Not even one letter! Best thing I have done to mine, that and getting suspension done for my weight and style. I have not pulled the trigger on a rekluse though,,yet.hmm. Thats a whole other thread.

I have no ragrets. Not even one letter! Best thing I have done to mine, that and getting suspension done for my weight and style. I have not pulled the trigger on a rekluse though,,yet.hmm. Thats a whole other thread.

Thank you, I pulled the trigger tonight!

Thank you, I pulled the trigger tonight!

I am sure you will like it. Let us know how it treats you.