Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichBaker

Don't people carry tools?

5 posts in this topic

I read about guys pushing or getting towed out of the boonies when their bike breaks down...specifically in the woodruff key posts...

I have not broken mine yet, but I do have a spare key and the tools to replace it in my fanny pack, which I wear every time I ride -other than on a track- I DON'T plan to push! I've carried the Moose FCR fanny pack since I bought it 10 or so years ago, and try to always have the tools for whichever bike I'm riding and more. No, it doesn't weigh a ton and fortunately I've rarely had to use it for MY bike, tho I've had to break it open for others...no I don't have a torque wrench in there, but I don't plan to do more than put back to the truck if I do have to repair a woodruff key, because a proper repair will entail cleaning the loc-tite off rotor and crank end, BUT I will ride back to the truck!! :)

I just bum off my buddies and have never brought my own. that bastard brandonw never carries enough tools, pisses me off.

only thing that's stopped me so far is a fouled plug. Therefore, I have the tools to do a simple plug change. BTW, a 6mm socket, 8mm, 10mm and a few screwy's and allens and a pair of needle nose plyers seem to help when you have tape and a few friends (with their tools) around. :)

I just bum off my buddies and have never brought my own. that bastard brandonw never carries enough tools, pisses me off.

:)