HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zeppy1311

New owner of a 02 YZ426F what mods do you recommend

10 posts in this topic

I just bought my bike I have yet to ride it. I already love the bike it has a port &polish, no baffling in the stock pipe.

I also ride a 426, first mod for me was throttle control, these bikes are super easy to whiskey throttle at the worst possible times. have fun with it

Ok I will keep that in mind i bought the auto decomp hot cam. I have yet to install it im also looking at exhaust not sure what to buy. 

I also ride a 426, first mod for me was throttle control, these bikes are super easy to whiskey throttle at the worst possible times. have fun with it

can you tell me a little more about the throttle control mod? ive always thought the throttle is to easy to turn.

It's not a modification, it's what takes place between your ears.  ;)

sometimes it will get lost between my brain and throttle hahaha

Ok I will keep that in mind i bought the auto decomp hot cam. I have yet to install it im also looking at exhaust not sure what to buy.

While you have it apart to replace the cams, put new valves in. Its a 14 year old bike and im sure has plenty of hours on it. Cheap insurance vs a grenaded scrap pile