HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rr558

2010 clamps on 09

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the triple clamps off a 2010/2013 will fit on an 09 as the 09 is 25mm  offset and the newer yammies are 22mm

Edited by rr558

No idea.  The bearings are both the same, so the only variable is the length of the stem.  My guess is that they will fit, although you may have to press the stem down out of your old set and into the new one.  The next question is whether the fork tubes are the same diameter.  They probably are, but they are also a different part number on the newer bike.

Yes they should fit. Many people upgrade to the 2010 clamps for their 06-09 Yz models. Many people do this for the yz125 and yz250's as well.

The 2010 triples are 22.5 offset where the 06-09 bikes are 25 stock. Also the 2010's can be had for significantly less then aftermarket 22.5 triples.

This will make the bike turn sharper at the expense of some straight line stability, but the Yz has plenty of stability stock. Great mod. 22.5 is the best offset for this bike

Thanks guys,  Looks like I'll pick some up. I had 22.5 rg3's on my old 09 and they worked great but I'm a cheap ass now. 

Fork tubes are a different diameter.  The 10-13 YZ 450 forks do not bulge out at the top so the earlier fork will not fit in the triple clamp.  The 250 got the updated fork in 2012.

Fork tubes are a different diameter.  The 10-13 YZ 450 forks do not bulge out at the top so the earlier fork will not fit in the triple clamp.  The 250 got the updated fork in 2012.

You are right they don't fit looks like I have rg3 top clamp for sale . lol

You are right they don't fit looks like I have rg3 top clamp for sale . lol

Yep, fortunately it didn't cost me anything to figure out.  I had a set of the older forks I wanted to use on my 11 but no go.  I think a lot of people are in the same boat.  All the ebay sellers are advertising them as all interchangeable.