HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dingleberry

Buying info yz426f vs. wr450

2 posts in this topic

I was thinking of buying a 2002 yz426f or a wr450. What are the differences and what would be better for Baja trails. I am returning to the bike world after a 10 year absence. I am 6'2" 190lbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Here's my .02. I own a 450 and have ridden a YZ426. Properly mod'd the WR has it all over the 426 for the kind of riding you are describing. Wide ratio tranny, bigger gas tank, etc. I've owned and riddden a lot of bikes and my current ride is far and away the best cross-country bike of the bunch. The WR may be a bit heavier on the scales but it certainly doesn't ride like it (unlike the WR426). Having said that I would not take it to the track. Wrong tool for the job. If you decide to go for the WR450 I would stay away from the '03 unless it has been upgraded with '04 starter parts.