HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Romper290

FMF powercore 4 and powerbomb question

14 posts in this topic

Louder than what?

Most after market pipes either shift the power 'sweet spot' or in the cases of severely restricted (and super quiet) bikes, add more top end as well.

LOL, 'generally speaking' there is no blanket statement that can be made unless specifics about your bike are made. Add to that the kind of riding you do will enable those with experience to better guide you.

Im thinking about ordering a fmf powercore 4 slip on and getting a powerbomb exhaust was curious on knowing if it is gonna be pretty loud and on the power output 

Powercore 4 is loud.  I have this combo and it makes great power, I would not hesitate to buy again.  I have yet to see if it passes the 96db sound limit.  It does come with a spark arrestor that quiets it down significantly.

Almost all aftermarket exhausts come with inserts that will bring the decibels down to the 96dB limit. But without the inserts the sound output is all over the place, some aren't any louder than stock and some are ear-splittingly obnoxious.

FMF systems tend to be quieter than most, but without the inserts they are typically louder than OEM , with the exception of Kawasaki. Kawasaki's OEM exhausts are obnoxious.

I love my powercore 4, it has a deep and loud bellow. It sounds smooth and clean but I don't bother with the quiet insert, just the spark arrestor. I found no change in volume with just the spark arrestor in. It added power to almost the whole rev range. I recommend it, it's a solid and well built pipe, and it's a noisy one!

I put one on my 02 426. Too loud. More flame outs and no more power stock is the best for that bike. I'll sell you the powercore if u like. It's collecting dust

Okay finally got the whole exhaust system for my 01 yz426f. Major power gain top and bottom end. But getting off subject would my bike make a tapping noise if the valves needed to be adjusted or could it be that it needs a oil change

Okay finally got the whole exhaust system for my 01 yz426f. Major power gain top and bottom end. But getting off subject would my bike make a tapping noise if the valves needed to be adjusted or could it be that it needs a oil change

Definitely don't ride it. Could be the valves.. Could be the time adjusting chain is loose. Get it looked at!

I put one on my 02 426. Too loud. More flame outs and no more power stock is the best for that bike. I'll sell you the powercore if u like. It's collecting dust

In my past experiences.. Flames= need for valve adjustments.

I work on bikes myself never again will include take a bike to a shop but I never ran into this problem before is it a easy fix yourself

Does anyone know how much oil a 2001 yz426f takes it says 1.6 liters but when i changed the oil it took only 1 court witch is only like .986 liters

Now what about the ticking noise and that answer was very useful looks like im gonna half to change oil again completly forgot about the other bolt on the frame for the oil